Enhance the Function and Look of Damaged Teeth with Dental Crowns
Whether used for functional or cosmetic reasons, a dental crown is a custom-made porcelain cap which can restore symmetry and aesthetics to a smile affected by decayed, damaged, or missing teeth. Dr. Chadwick J. Harris and Dr. R. Brent Culpepper work with a trusted local lab to carefully craft dental crowns that match the look and feel of your natural smile. Crowns are a popular restorative option because of their outstanding durability. With proper care and routine visits to our Laurel, MS, office, you can often enjoy the benefits of dental crown treatment for ten years or more.
Who Can Benefit from a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns can help address a wide range of concerns including:
- Weakened teeth
- Decayed teeth
- Fractured teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Discolored or yellow teeth
- Minor imperfections such as chips
While cosmetic dentistry treatments such as teeth whitening and porcelain veneers can help transform the look of your smile, dental crowns are unique since they can also help strengthen your smile for many years to come. Additionally, if you have a missing tooth, you could benefit from the durability of an implant-supported crown.
Do not let a damaged, decayed, or missing tooth continue to affect your smile and quality of life.
Our Superior Lab Partnership
Over the past seven years, Harris Dental Clinic has worked with a local lab located in Pearl, MS. This partnership allows us to carefully design and craft custom crowns that closely match the look, feel, and shape of your surrounding teeth. After creating impressions of your smile, we will send these to the lab. Over the next two weeks, a skilled technician will craft your crown out of materials which may include:
- Zirconia: Zirconia crowns are considered a very strong and aesthetic option. They are ideal for coverage on back teeth, where constant use and grinding require a strong, durable material.
- IPS e.max®: These crowns are an all-ceramic option which also combine strength, durability, and aesthetics. Millions of crowns have been created using this widely popular material.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal: Similar to zirconia crowns, these restorations are a good option for covering posterior teeth. They have a strong metal base coated in natural-looking porcelain material.
- Gold cast: Our partner lab can also fabricate all-gold crowns. Gold is less susceptible to fracturing compared to other materials and can be discreetly placed on your back teeth.
The type of crown you choose will depend on the location of the affected tooth, your budget for treatment, and your long-term goals.
Dental Crowns for Missing Teeth
Dental implants are widely considered the most effective, long-lasting, and beneficial treatment for missing teeth. If you are missing a single tooth or multiple teeth, our doctors may recommend undergoing dental implant treatment completed with dental crowns. Implants are placed directly into the jawbone during oral surgery. Four to six months later, we can finish your treatment by placing dental crowns. These restorations are securely anchored to your implants through abutments and can look and feel as natural as your surrounding teeth.
Find Out More about Dental Crowns Today
Do not let a damaged, decayed, or missing tooth continue to affect your smile and quality of life. If cost is a concern, crowns are usually covered by insurance if they are necessary for medical reasons. For patients without insurance, we also accept various forms of payment including credit cards and third-party financing through CareCredit®. To learn more about the comprehensive benefits of dental crowns, call Harris Dental Clinic at (601) 649-3344 or contact us using our online form.